Changing Your Major to CCJS
Current University of Maryland, College Park (UMCP) students, beyond their first semester, who would like to declare CCJS as their major are required to meet the following gateway criteria before applying to the major:
- Completion of the University’s Academic Writing requirement (ENGL 101)
- Completion of CCJS 100 with a grade of C- or higher
- Completion of CCJS 105 with a grade of C- or higher
- Completion of MATH 111, 220, 140 or STAT 100 with a grade of C- or higher
- A minimum grade point average of 2.5 in all college level coursework is required
Double Majoring in CCJS: Current UMCP students, beyond their first semester, who would like to declare a double major in CCJS, must meet the above listed criteria and have a 3.3 cumulative grade point average in all coursework completed at UMCP.
The Change/Addition of Major Process: Declaring CCJS as a major is a two-step process. The first step is attending a change/addition of major workshop with CCJS Advising. The second step is completing a graduation plan with BSOS College Advising. Students must meet with CCJS Advising before completing a graduation plan. Please contact the CCJS Advising Office to register for a change/addition of major workshop.